Platform.sh seeks an experienced finance leader to head our Financial Planning & Analysis function, driving data-driven decision-making throughout the organization.
As the head of FP&A, you will be accountable for generating and maintaining financial analysis crucial for operational, tactical and strategic decisions at the executive level.
Additionally, you will strategically build and lead a team of financial analysts and reporting/data experts over time.
Reporting to the CFO, this role has high visibility and close collaboration with company leadership, presenting ample career growth opportunities as Platform.sh expands..
What you can expect
- Coordinate and manage the development of the annual financial and operating plan. Partner with leadership to establish annual operating plans and set l financial goals. Implement an efficient planning process that fosters alignment across different functional groups to produce a cohesive company-wide plan
- Track and forecast business unit performance, including operating metrics, revenue and expense trends.Stay engaged with daily operations to gather timely insights and monitor developments. Utilize data analysis to provide real-time awareness of operating trends and financial progress to business unit leadership. Assist in expense management at the operating level, including decision-making related to hiring, staffing, consulting fees, and investment in systems and other areas
- Maintain and update the company’s consolidated financial forecast.Collaborate with finance and accounting teams to assemble and disseminate timely flash reporting on current results. Incorporate historical data and consolidate operating intelligence from business units to regularly update financial forecasts at both the unit and company-wide level. Adjust planning assumptions and financial plan to reflect real-time performance and changes in operating priorities
- Perform trend analysis and pattern recognition to identify risks and opportunities. Predict and quantify potential deviations from forecast and operating plans. Leverage departments’ knowledge to anticipate emerging trends in advance of their impact on results. Utilize diverse analytical methods to validate (sanity-check) expectations and identify areas for proactive action
- Develop investment cases and sensitivity analyses for informed resource allocation decisions. Generate financial frameworks and scenario analysis to guide internal resource allocation, evaluate investment alternatives, and measure returns and effectiveness. Handle a wide range of projects, from the tactical evaluations of performance marketing spend and fine-tuning hiring plans — to the more more strategic assessments — such as examining partnership proposals and build vs. buy cases
- Provide clear, timely and accurate reporting to leadership and the Board of Directors. Supply the executive team and operating leadership with financial reporting for -driven decision-making. Deliver accurate and timely reviews of recent results, regularly updated forecasts, and potential action plans for pursuing opportunities and mitigating risks. Manage financial presentation materials for the Board of Directors and other business partners
- Provide guidance on financial systems and data infrastructure. Partner with finance, engineering and operational leadership to enhance data quality and accessibility. Document information requirements, identify system and data environment enhancements and work with stakeholders, systems and engineering teams to develop and implement solutions
What you bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Reads fast; thinks faster; writes, models and speaks succinctly.
- Extensive prior involvement with operational finance. First-hand knowledge of business operations, has served as primary financial partner to functional or divisional leadership
- Fluency with central tenets of corporate finance and competitive analysis. A student of finance and strategy, M&A and capital raising experience is a plus
- Familiarity with financial/operations databases and systems. We use Pigment, Netsuite, SQL and, of course, Excel; Capable of effectively communicating FP&A and business unit data/systems requirements to corporate infrastructure and business data teams
- Strong functional knowledge of accounting principles; particularly IFRS accounting is essential to effectively collaborate with other finance functions such as accounting and sales operations
- 10+ years in Financial Planning & Analysis / Finance
- Publicly-traded, high-growth technology companies
- Stage fit: $100M in revenue, 300+ employees
- Masters in Business Administration or similar degree
Bonus points for
- Fluency in French
Company benefits and perks
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- An innovative product you can believe in. We’re sustainably changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs, and in France Best Workplaces for Women
- Hands on leadership that cares in a flexible, open work environment, where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- A company-wide DEI initiative that you can be a part of
- Team offsites such as local meets, Exco offsites, marketing sponsored events, etc
- A Wellness stipend and a Professional development budget
- Office equipment budget
- Fair PTO (standards based on location)
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline based on location)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR employees only)
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
This is a remote job in the US or Canada region.
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
To maximize team coverage, this role is preferred in the Americas and in time zones ranging from UTC-5 to UTC-7.
How we hire
We know that a great hire won’t meet every requirement that we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 6 Google Meet interviews. You will have the opportunity to meet with a variety of Platformers throughout the interview process. You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
All roles require background checks.