Date PostedJanuary 11, 2024
Expiration dateJanuary 25, 2024
Decodis is a social research company that focuses on understanding vulnerable people. We are seeking an English-speaking Finance & Administrative Department Assistant based in Brazil, Peru or Kenya to support the organization’s administrative demand as well as to assist the CEO with various administrative and organizational tasks. This is an entry level, early career opportunity. While working with us, you will have the chance to learn new tools and techniques to help support the administrative operations of the organization. This is a fully remote setting; you will work as a long-term contractor with a 40hr/week commitment working under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration at Decodis. We are anticipating a start date in March 2024.
At Decodis, we do more than just listen. We decode. We hear not only what people say and the words they choose using customized text analysis, but also how they say it using voice analysis.
Using a set of tech-led techniques, we can gather these voices in detail and at scale. We create custom data capture tools and analyses, elevating the voices of respondents. From survey development to final analysis, we can help organizations better understand the populations they serve. Visit www.decodis.com for further details.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The work we do provides insightful, actionable information that contributes to changing people’s lives at the bottom of the income pyramid. You will be an integral part of the administrative team, helping keep things moving for the broader team. You will contribute to this work by helping find solutions to operational challenges and assist with development of more efficient and better processes so that we can continue moving our groundbreaking research and analysis forward.
The Finance & Administrative Assistant is a new role within our team, working under the Director of Finance and Administration’s supervision. You will focus on 1) assisting the Finance and Administrative Director with Decodis’ administrative management (40%), 2) internal collaboration and development (40%) and 3) supporting CEO with various administrative tasks from time to time (20%). You will have the following anticipated responsibilities:
1. Finance & Administration department administrative management (40%)
– Support Director of Finance and Administration on various administrative tasks, including analysis, tracking and updating project files
– Project related administrative duties: Assist with various project financial and administrative tasks within the finance and administrative team and in collaboration with project managers / Assist with various vendor financial and contractual coordination and administration
– Provide support for special projects and priorities in alignment with responsibilities and competencies
2. Internal collaboration & development (40%)
– Oversee Administrative boards on Monday.com: We use Monday.com to track our projects and deliverables, this position will assist with managing the administrative boards for the team. Assistance with the following boards will include but not be limited to the following: Vendor finance / Project budgets / Company subscriptions / Employee leave / Team meeting schedule
– Manage team calendar
– Assist with researching and scheduling for team travel
– Serve as a liaison for IT, providing basic technical support across the organization and communicating urgent service issues and requests to the Director of Finance and Administration (Microsoft, Slack, Zoom, Adobe, Monday.com, etc.)
– Manage team subscriptions, licenses, etc. and coordinate with finance department on renewals; research and compare costs on new services needed for team
– Over time you will learn about our projects and work, so you are better prepared to support administrative efforts to help develop and implement more efficient systems and processes
– Support the Decodis Annual Retreat (in person, location TBD) and other events as needed (mostly remote)
3. Support CEO (20%)
– Support the CEO in scheduling meetings and updating calendar up
– Assist CEO with travel cost comparisons, reservations and drafting itinerary
– Attend to various other administrative requests from CEO
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
Applicants must be based in Brazil, Peru or Kenya and able to overlap working hours with the East Coast of the United States (UTC–5), which are 9am-5pm. We require a minimum of 5 hours of overlap during this time period with work journey averaging eight hours per day. We offer flexibility in terms of meal breaks, medical appointments, etc. Decodis is a remote-first company with a diverse, global team. We strongly encourage candidates of all genders, religions, backgrounds and ethnicities to apply.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
– You must be fully proficient in English to apply for this job. Fluency means that you have the ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing at an advanced level. (European Framework of Reference: C1 or equivalent. No proficiency test required. Lack of proficiency will be considered grounds for disqualification at any round when it is detected.)
– Candidates who are not fluent in English will not be considered, since all our operations and communications take place in English.
– Bachelor’s degree is required
– At least 1 year of professional work experience;
– Proficient in Microsoft (One Drive, Word and Excel) is required
– Experience using other administrative tools (Slack, Zoom, Monday.com) preferred but not required
– Creative thinking, problem-solving, strong initiative and good judgement;
– Comfortable working in a multicultural environment;
– Organized, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities;
– Keen on interdisciplinary work;
– Open to learning new tools and programs;
– Comfortable working in remote and start-up environments;
– Interest in Decodis’ social orientation and the work we do.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (see above);
– Critical thinking and taking initiative to solve problems will be favorable skills
– Availability to travel internationally for one week per year – (travel costs paid by company);
– Reliable access to high-speed internet; Internet connection should be good enough for extended video calls on camera
Note: We provide a Microsoft Business account and subscriptions to paid services you will need to execute your tasks.
ANY OF THE BELOW WOULD BE A PLUS
– Professional competence in other languages besides English is highly desirable.
– Other relevant degrees, certifications or training are nice to have.
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
Compensation will be paid monthly in USD, at market rate depending on contractor’s location and experience.
Please note that we do not sponsor work visas in any country. Therefore, you must be able to legally work as a contractor from wherever you plan to be based at any time during your contract with us. As aforementioned, you must be based in Brazil, Kenya or Peru to be eligible for this contract. Please note that you do not need a US work visa to work with us from any of these countries.
HOW TO APPLY
Please go to https://www.decodis.com/work-with-us/ and follow the instructions to apply. You will be asked to fill in an application form, and submit a CV along with a cover letter in English. Please note that email applications or applications forms in other languages will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow-up. At this time, we are not in a position to offer compensation for the time spent participating in the selection process (timeline below). Only approved candidates will move on from one stage to the next.
1. Screening application submissions: now – Jan 25 / Expect follow-up by Jan 29
2. First interview (1h): Jan 29 – Feb 2
3. Second interview(s) – if moved on (30min each): Feb 5 – Feb 16
4. Final decision announcement: By Feb 20
5. Start date: ASAP, latest 1 month from offer acceptance
We encourage people of all genders, gender-orientations, religions, backgrounds and