Date PostedJuly 4, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
Context: We are looking for a strong candidate who has an understanding of Crypto Venture and has a strong network in the Web3 VC community to join the Token-Holder Relations Team (also known as Filecoin TLDR Team) at Protocol Labs.
Structure: The role can be structured flexibly –
- Full-time / Part-time is acceptable (however, no less than 2 days a week)
- Shorter duration attachments (~6 months) are acceptable, while we are also prepared to extend a full-time employment contract
Seniority: Associate/VP level, able to work independently with high level of professionalism
Key traits we are looking for:
Qualified candidates should have a strong ability to grasp technical concepts, distill and synthesize complexity for less technical audiences, and be able to continuously improve their own base of knowledge. From our experience, candidates with some prior Crypto VC or Investor Relations experience perform well. Alternatively, the role may be fruitful for candidates currently working in VC and wish to gain shorter-duration operational stints working in a top protocol.
What the candidate stands to gain from this experience:
- Valuable operational experience at a leading Web3 protocol
- Be at the nucleus of ecosystem growth strategy – The team is a top-level team that reports directly to Overall Ecosystem Growth Lead. We also work very closely with Protocol Labs Ventures and founders in the Filecoin ecosystem. You will be in the best position to understand first-hand and influence strategic direction, especially for the token-holder segment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will help bridge capital allocators to the Filecoin ecosystem. Filecoin is unique in the scale of its ambition. As a community, our aim is to rewrite the fabric of the internet and help Web3 cross the chasm. This team’s role is to help clearly articulate the vision and roadmap of Filecoin, helping educate the broader market on topics ranging from:
- Technical roadmap and design decisions
- FIP Governance
- Upcoming opportunities and the start-ups in our community poised to capture them
Your role will be to become an expert on the Filecoin ecosystem. You will facilitate bi-directional flow of information: helping lower the barrier of entry to understanding our ecosystem, and sharing market insights with the builders in our community. This role will encompass thought leadership in shaping token-holder messaging and in establishing narratives externally. Your ability to understand institutional token-holders’ needs, as well as a strong network, will be crucial to your success.
In Token Holder Relations at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Clearly articulate to ensure Filecoin’s business strategy, key differentiation points, products, and progress is understood by the investment community – this includes driving thought leadership in the Web3 space
- Proactively schedule regular check-ins with token-holders and activation
- Understand their needs deeply and come up with intelligent ways to meet them
- Extrapolate actionable insights and intelligence on token-holders through contact and activity data (e.g. meetings, emails, follow up) captured through our CRM system of record
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.