Date PostedJuly 28, 2023
Expiration dateAugust 31, 2023
As the first Executive Assistant at deepset, you’ll work closely with and provide Executive Support to our Management Team, especially to the CEO.
You’ll support day-to-day operations and administrative topics to help us build a highly efficient organization.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow into a hybrid role, also supporting the accounting and people operations teams.
deepset is at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP) and we are on our way to becoming a standard for semantic search. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the NLP space together with us.
LIFE AT DEEPSET
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person “re:base”, and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Manage, prioritize, and coordinate the dynamic agenda of the CEO, ensuring efficient scheduling and time management
- Own business travels, from planning and scheduling to expense management
- Act as a point of contact for all internal and external business partners reaching out to the CEO and ensure he is advised of time-sensitive and priority issues
- Support the four members of the Management Team on demand, and provide support with ad-hoc projects as required
- Review, prepare, and process incoming and outgoing communication & correspondence in English and German on behalf of the Management Team
- Contribute to the organization of external events, meetings, and workshops, and collaborate with internal teams in the organization of our company-wide retreats
- 3+ years of experience working as an Executive Assistant, preferably working with a CEO or members of a Senior Executive team
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exceptional communication skills in English and German, both spoken and written
- Discreet and able to handle highly confidential information
- Attentive to details, with the ability to problem-solve in a collaborative and inclusive team environment
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders across all functions and levels of the organization
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a coworking spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth are important to us. We have an annual learning and development budget, and also the opportunity to speak at conferences, internal knowledge sharing, and workshops.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, online walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person for special occasions.
- Re:base: We meet in person on a quarterly basis, because we believe it’s important to get to know each other. We have fruitful discussions, we hold workshops, we brainstorm together, and we have leisure activities and fun.
- You are an owner: All employees are enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world – there are 27 days of paid vacation and you earn an additional day for each year completed with deepset (up to 30 days).
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Pension fund and Health Insurance fitting with your main working location: All full-time employees are eligible for the pension plan. We also offer health, dental, and vision for employees in the US, in compliance with the local market.
- Travel Insurance: We want you to be secure during your travels. Therefore, we offer every employee additional travel insurance.
- Sports budget: To boost your health and well-being, we offer a monthly allowance for your sports activity.
- Dog-friendly: Our main co-working partner Mindspace welcomes dogs, so you can also bring your best friend to the office.
- Enhanced days off for Family Sick Leave: We offer additional days in case your child gets sick.
- Additional days off: We don’t work on the 24th & the 31st of December.
- Flexible working hours: You can adapt your work to your private life.
WHAT COLLEAGUES SAY
- “it always struck me how helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable everyone is — and how well they work as a team. deepset gets remote work right: encouraging employees to get together frequently for virtual coffee chats and in-person meetings to create an atmosphere of constant exchange and sincere support. And, of course, I love the mix of open source and business products; and the awesome products that come out of it: Haystack and deepset Cloud.” (Isabelle, Technical Content Writer)
- “For me deepset has it all: we are building a company with a fascinating product in a highly disruptive market and a great vision-driven team. I am proud to help building the future of NLP together!” (Anna, Head of Operations)