Date PostedJuly 17, 2023
Offered Salary$114300 - $171500 / year
Expiration dateAugust 21, 2023
Needs to be willing to work PST, MST, or CST timezones (North America)
Zapier is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our Chief Revenue Officer (CRO). The CRO oversees the Go-To-Market (GTM) team, comprised of a diverse group of leaders in Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Partnerships, and Support. As an integral part of the team, our Executive Assistants play a pivotal role and gain extensive exposure across the organization. At Zapier, we foster a dynamic and enjoyable work environment, value hard work, and strive to exemplify Zapier’s core values. Collaborative in nature, our Executive Assistants participate in both async channels and live team meetings to align on best practices, collectively troubleshoot challenges, exchange insights, collaborate, and implement new processes.
In this position, you will report directly toRachel Salgado, Executive Assistant Manager.
- You have a proven track record of at least 3+ years as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or in a similar role demonstrating expertise in the EA skillset, you bring a wealth of experience to the table. Ideally, you will have some experience coaching or managing other EAs.
- You possess exceptional organizational skills, enabling you to prioritize tasks effectively using communication platforms like Slack.
- Your ability to juggle multiple teams, spanning various geographical locations and time zones, showcases your adeptness at managing complexity.
- You are eager to comprehend and internalize our business operations, enabling you to effectively prioritize meetings and tasks for executives within our GTM Organization.
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment fueled by the excitement of growth and change.
- Leveraging your exceptional relationship-building skills, you excel at forging strong connections with executives and teams, with a keen understanding of utilizing these relationships to drive success.
- Your proficiency as a power user of common apps such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Zapier and more empowers you to maximize your efficiency and effectiveness.
- Your commitment to high integrity and confidentiality ensures the secure handling of sensitive company information.
- Attention to detail is second nature to you, enabling you to quickly and seamlessly transition between tasks.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with outstanding interpersonal abilities, empower you to effectively communicate with senior leaders and internal and external stakeholders.
- As a self-starter, you have a proven eagerness and ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed, consistently completing tasks with minimal guidance.
Things You’ll Do:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to CRO, including managing their calendar, scheduling meetings, orchestrating meeting rhythms, and acting as a gatekeeper. Frequently, safeguard the executives’ time to ensure their focus remains on their highest priorities.
- Arrange travel plans and coordinate team retreats, facilitating seamless logistics.
- Record and distribute meeting notes, and oversee the completion of follow-up tasks.
- Compile and create presentations, leveraging your skills to deliver impactful visual materials.
- Represent executives by effectively managing inbound requests and drafting correspondence on their behalf.
- Serve as a point of contact for the recruiting team, ensuring hiring processes remain on track.
- Identify opportunities for automating work and improving systems to enhance team efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrate flexibility by providing coverage for other Executive Assistants during their absence, which may include management of other EAs.
- Occasionally assist with personal/family tasks and scheduling to ensure both family and business calendars are aligned
- As time allows, undertake diverse special projects that arise within the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing company.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are (min – mid – max):
USA: 114,300 – 142,900 – 171,500 USD
A Candidate’s compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity. We use a competency-based approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapier employees based on their competency and skills demonstrated in their role. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high level of job knowledge and skills for their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We’re looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone’s identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.