Date PostedOctober 1, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 20, 2023
We are looking for an English content editor, who can create useful and intriguing content for our users.
– Creating English learning content: the main work involves curating English language videos, transcribing captions, annotating words (defining words and writing example sentences), creating vocabulary flashcard sets and English learning courses.
– Adapting new software: be ready to learn a variety of platforms through which we communicate and assign tasks. Previous experience with Asana and/or Slack is a plus.
– Cooperation: collaborate with other editors to find the best ways to provide language learning services.
How we work
– We’re a 100% distributed/remote team.
– All of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we have a low-stress environment.
– We also have a flat collaborative environment.
– We make decisions based on logic/reason. We prioritize communicating clearly.
– We can be direct with our feedback.
– A love of language education: we are looking for someone who is passionate about language education, and someone who believes in the changes it can provide for language learners.
– Knowledge of English language and language learning: you need to have a good understanding of English grammar and its structures.
– At least 1 year of experience in English education/translation or linguistic fields: you will need to understand the English learner’s point of view to create content. Understanding the challenges that learners face and how to guide them are very important parts of the job.
– Strong editing skills and attention to detail: the content you curate will create a strong impression on our users, and professionalism, along with accuracy in the completion of your work, is a must.
– The ability to work remotely with a team: our team is distributed around the globe. While working remotely sounds great at first, if you haven’t done it before, you’ll find that there are many challenges and it’s not necessarily a perfect fit for everyone.
– Having a self-driven and productive attitude: you have to be able to get things done and be ready for a high level of freedom and responsibility.
– Strong written communications: being an organized and clear communicator is key.
– Stable commitment: being able to work 15-20 hours per week on a regular, long-term basis.
Please note that there will be a test which simulates actual FluentU work, and that also the first 90 days are a trial period. It’s just hard to tell whether we are mutually a good fit without actually working together. (Don’t worry, of course you are still paid as usual during the trial period). Passing the trial will result in an ongoing position at our company.
To sum up: this is a chance to take a meaningful role in a startup that is on the cutting edge of language education. Perhaps the best part about working at FluentU is reading the user feedback and seeing what a huge impact you are making on their lives.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here and fill out the form: https://form.asana.com/?k=RUkfAcmwsZoRoc-tvz5lOg&d=638262073247
We’re very much looking forward to hearing from you!