Date PostedSeptember 6, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 30, 2023
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than two thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 100 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel’s success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D in 2021, we raised another $50M last year, doubling our valuation to $12B.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel — the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
The impact you’ll have as a Tech Lead:
As an Engineering Tech Lead at Deel, you will be responsible for technical decisions that keep the teams work efficient and in line with the right tools and strategies in place throughout the rest of the company.
We develop at scale, we innovate rapidly and we put our customers first – Despite our company size, Deel very much operates like a start-up, so the ability to wear different hats and juggle multiple competing priorities is crucial.
You can expect to:
- Oversee all projects undertaken by the team, determining technical requirements and communicating them to the team
- Identify risks and come up with contigency plans asap
- Collaborate closely with design and product teams to create extraordinary product experiences
- Work closely with the Team Lead and Product Manager to ensure that the team’s work is aligned with product goals and delivery timelines
- Demonstrate excellence in product-led software development
- Develop software architecture required to implement the team’s features, meet their objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Provide software development expertise to team members via pair programming and code review
You’ll thrive if you…
- Possess a passion for technology and developing cutting-edge, scalable, and robust software systems
- You have a true passion for developing user experiences that are nothing short of amazing
- Design and architect software for distributed systems with high-performance, scalability, and availability demands
- Push boundaries through rapid prototyping and iterative development, always driving innovation
What you’ll bring to the Tech Lead role:
- You are a high-output individual contributor with strong leadership and organizational abilities
- Outstandingly accountable and trustworthy, you are able to build lasting relationships with teams
- Excellent communication (written and spoken English) and interpersonal skills
- 5+ year of demonstrated excellence in software development with NodeJS, Express, PostgreSQL, React, and Typescript
- At least 2 years of Tech Lead/Systems Architect experience, ideally in a fintech/trading platform/banking industry
- Deep understanding of database usage and principles of performance
- Understanding of the appropriate usage of documentation and diagramming related to software engineering, including, but not limited to: Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), State Diagrams, Flowcharts, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, etc
- Familiarity with Kubernetes (k8s) as well as CI/CD pipelines
Extra brownie points if you:
- Possess US payroll experience/knowledge
- Have experience with SaaS products running 24/7 on a major cloud vendor
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- Computer equipment applicable to your role
- Stock grant opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits based upon your employment status and country
- The ability to choose where you work whether it be your home, the beach, or a WeWork
At Deel, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.