Date PostedOctober 4, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 31, 2023
Dot Esports, the premier destination for esports coverage online, is looking for a full-time writer to join our news desk. This is a fully remote role as part of our global, digital newsroom.
Interested candidates should have in-depth knowledge regarding video games, esports, and their communities and must be comfortable writing about a wide variety of genres, games, and related subjects. The bulk of this position will be creating evergreen content and listicles. However, major bonus points will also be given to candidates who can demonstrate the fact they keep up-to-date with big releases and can assist in covering those games when necessary.
This is a great opportunity to cover the industry you love while working with one of the best teams in esports and gaming journalism! Applicants should be self-starters who are eager to learn and respond well to constructive criticism.
- Create evergreen articles on a wide range of gaming subjects
- Work with editors to develop pitches for news, opinion pieces, and features
- Meet deadlines for publishing stories
- Follow trending topics through Google Trends, X (aka Twitter), and other platforms
- Rich knowledge of the gaming industry and its communities
- 1+ years of experience in the writing industry (preferably in gaming or another form of online journalism)
- SEO knowledge
- Someone open-minded and positive
Salary range: £25,000 to £28,000 GBP per year, depending skills, location, and experience. Salary range may differ for international candidates, based on location.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your knowledge of video games & esports, and a writing sample / portfolio.