Date PostedSeptember 4, 2023
Offered Salary$20 / hour
Expiration dateSeptember 27, 2023
Equity is at the heart of A—B, from the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building. We are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people of any religion or nationality and people are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A—B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
The Reason You’ll Love This Work:
This role will be a member of our Design Studio Team. Our Design Intern will have experience with some of the following programs: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effect with intermediate/exploratory skills in supplemental creative design software. Skills in Adobe XD and Figma are a plus. Candidates should also have a solid understanding of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
A successful candidate will have to be a self-starter with a passion for precision while being comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This position reports to the Head of Creative.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Assisting the creative team to build brands and creative concepts for our clients
Work with the design team to help develop creative campaign assets
- Design social media assets for clients
- Participate in ideation of campaign creative brainstorming sessions
You’ll Find Success In This Role By Having:
- A commitment to assisting in the development of breakthrough design that supports and centers the voices of black and brown communities
- A passion for asking questions and a curious spirit
- Effective communication skills
This is a remote, virtual paid internship. We are dedicated to creating an organization that reflects the diversity of the country we serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members or allies of the LGBTQIA+ communities, differently abled people, and others who are underrepresented to apply.
- Job type: Full Time/Up to 40 hours a week
- Operating hours: Monday-Friday roughly 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. E.T.
- Job length: 3 Months with possibility of extending
- Compensation: $20/hour + college credit available if needed
- Housing and travel accommodations: No
- Location:Fully Remote
- Outstanding communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and clearly detailing the next steps with our partners while speaking clearly, and concisely.
- Time-efficient: Our organization’s ambitions are lofty. Because of that, the Research Director will have a substantial amount of work on their plate each day. The only way the Research Director will be able to complete their workload each day is through completing tasks quickly.
- Goal-oriented: Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals. ● Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion: We are committed to working in diverse teams and to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people
Founded in 2018, A–B is redesigning the commercial creative agency with a new mission for a new moment. Black-owned and led by a multiracial and multi-gendered team, we are leading the transition to a new standard of equity—from a culture of injustice to a culture worth living in. Through our original practice of Identity-Powered Design™, A—B develops breakthrough research, insights, creative and campaigns with a singular goal: To put the solutions to our greatest problems within reach, by helping leaders in every sector transform how power works and who it works for.