Date PostedJuly 3, 2023
Offered Salary$117600 - $168000 / year
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
The Enterprise Data Team collaborates with every department at GitLab to develop trusted data products and responsibly harness the power of our data.
As our new Data Analyst, you will examine and analyze complex data and will own the end-to-end process of developing trusted reports and data products – from business requirements gathering, to dashboard development, to the delivery of actionable insights and recommendations. You will develop a deep understanding of our user base and their customer journey, collaborating closely with our Go-To-Market and Product teams to break ground on new analyses and evolve our insights & analytics capabilities.
You will be in a highly cross-functional role with opportunities to partner with GitLab team members, both within the Enterprise Data Team (including Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, and Data Scientists) as well as with our functional partners (including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product).
Some examples of our projects can be found on our Data Team direction page.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deeply understand business questions, and design single-source-of-truth reports and dashboards to address them
- Explore data to uncover insights and opportunities, in particular understanding the customer journey and identifying opportunities for growth/improvement
- Craft dashboards that meet our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale analytics environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Partner with Data Engineering & Analytics Engineering to provide requirements for product & customer data creation and model development
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for data visualization and analysis, providing support to other GitLab analysts through code reviews, pairing, and training to help deliver optimal analyses and reports
- Support business teams to maximize the value derived from customer and behavioral data
What you’ll bring
- Clearly and concisely communicate complex business logic, technical requirements, and design recommendations through iterative solutions
- Fluent in SQL within analytical data warehouses (we use Snowflake SQL) and in business intelligence tools (preferably Tableau)
- Proficient in data visualization best practices, and an interest in evangelizing those practices across the organization
- Able to write complex SQL including multi-table joins, grouping and aggregation, common table expressions, and conditional filters
- Experience working with a variety of complex data sources. Our data includes GitLab.com, Salesforce, Zuora, Zendesk, Marketo, NetSuite, Snowplow and many others (see the Data Team page)
- 2+ years experience in an analytics role, preferably in one or more of the following business subject areas: marketing, finance, sales, product, customer success
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
About the team Handbook | GitLab
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.