Date PostedOctober 21, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 13, 2023
I’m Tom, Customer Support Manager at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 10,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we look to scale our efforts in 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for a Part-time Customer Success Representativewho’s able to cover weekend shifts and an extra day during the week (day to be determined) and is passionate about supporting our customers and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- €15,000 annual compensation
The job in a nutshell
As a Customer Success Representative, your core responsibility will be spending your day providing fast, painless, and accurate candidate support via email. Additionally, you’ll help on live chat and assist with documentation.
This is a part-time position mostly covering weekend days. You will also be required to be available for 4 hours in the week, the exact timing of these 4 hours is to be determined but once agreed, will be fixed.
It is a fixed-term, 6-month position to be reviewed after 5 months, and if both parties agree, can be renewed for a further 6-month term.
You’ll become an expert in all areas of TestGorilla. Not only will you provide guidance to candidates about how to use the product. You’ll also troubleshoot technical issues when they arise, liaise with the development team, and ensure the candidate is continuously informed along the way. This is a part-time position in which you are the first in line to help; your understanding of the product will be incredibly valuable for the business.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Answering written support inquiries, through email and chat in a manner geared toward creating truly successful candidates by helping to:
- Ensure they are able to successfully complete their assessments
- Troubleshoot issues when they occur and liaise with customers to ensure resolution
- Help candidates navigate the assessment flow
- Assisting as needed with things like documentation, research, and other side projects
- Providing customer-focused feedback to other teams, inspiring a success mindset throughout the organization
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You are motivated by doing right by our customers and candidates. You believe in the value of quality customer communication.
- You have experience working in Customer Support or Success for a SaaS product.
- You want your career to be focused on Customer Success. While you’ll have plenty of room for advancement, this role is not meant as a foot in the door to another department.
- You are proficient in verbal and written English.
- You are very comfortable working remotely.
- You’re an incredible communicator and an excellent writer. You can take complex subjects and break them down using clear and simple writing.
- You’re comfortable troubleshooting issues, and are excited to increase your technical knowledge.
- You’re cool under stress. You don’t let unforeseen events affect your empathy and kindness toward customers.
- You’re organized and self-sufficient. You thrive working independently, but know when to ask for help.
- You’re a resourceful problem solver with a strong desire to learn.
- You are receptive to feedback, embracing the opportunity to grow and improve.
- You are comfortable giving feedback to help others improve.
- You can handle difficult customers with ease and professionalism.
- You are comfortable advocating for the customer to help improve the product.
- You are comfortable setting expectations about what can and will be done and when.
- You’re extremely attentive to detail.
- You care about doing good work. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
Bonus points if:
- You have previous knowledge of HubSpot, Confluence, Jira and Zendesk (or another support ticketing platform)
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We procured $70m in seed funding from investors like Notion Capital and Jeff Weiner (the ex-CEO of LinkedIn), and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like the UK’s National Health Service, 3M, Sony, Oracle, PepsiCo, Bain & Company, and Deloitte.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns, or dog friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office) but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our skills assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. We’ve all taken one to get our own positions!
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you have the skills we need. It’s also a great opportunity for you to experience our product first hand. Don’t worry! We’re not going to test you on anything crazy technical (though a calculator and pen & paper might be good to have handy).