Date PostedAugust 18, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 4, 2023
Chipper Cash is a financial technology company serving more than five million customers across the African continent. In 2018, Chipper Cash revolutionized moving money in Africa by providing a frictionless way to send and receive funds cross-border; enabling financial inclusivity across the continent. Since then, Chipper has increased its product suite by offering personal investments and digital business transactions, and expanded its reach into the US. Led by co-founders Ham Serunjogi and Maijid Moujaled, Chipper Cash is focused on its mission to provide the most trusted and accessible financial services for people living in Africa and beyond.
**Note: This is a 3-month, full-time internship and is not eligible for benefits.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide customer support to our global customer support base
- Communicate with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers’ needs: calls, social media platforms, email, or in-app live chat
- Proactively identify patterns in user frustrations and expectations of customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools, or product to make their lives easier
- Work with the Compliance team to act as the first line of defense to help spot and investigate trends
- Prepare and present periodic performance reports internally within the Operations team and in cross-functional meetings
- Understand, prioritize, and escalate our customers’ feedback and feature requests to the product teams. Plus, be the first point of call for customer complaints to make sure that they’re treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns
- Contribute to team KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) as well as customer satisfaction ratings
- Customer onboarding through exhibitions and booths at various avenues
What You Should Have
- Passionate about customer service, ideally within financial services or telecommunications
- Strong written English, Kinyarwanda, or French communication skills
- Open to working nights and weekends on a rotating basis
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know