Date PostedMay 31, 2023
Expiration dateJune 21, 2023
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP’s and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
You can view all our open positions here: https://jobs.nethermind.io/
An ideal candidate is a trained cryptographer with publications on top cryptography, security or blockchain venues. Such candidates should be able to work in a distributed research team, express their research ideas clearly, and know how to formally argue their findings e.g., by writing security proofs. We appreciate candidates that are not afraid of voicing their opinions and motivate them or ask for explanations of concepts they are not familiar with.
As a cryptography researcher, you will participate in cryptographic research on topics such as, for example:
- Zero-knowledge proofs, esp. zkSNARKs, zkSTARKs. E.g., we are investigating the concrete security of ZKPs used to secure Ethereum L2.
- Consensus algorithms, esp. accountable consensus algorithms.
- zkRollups sequencer and prover decentralization.
- Distributed Validator Technology.
- Threshold encryption and signatures schemes.
- Knowledge of cryptographic primitives, like threshold signatures, zero-knowledge proofs
- Familiarity with Ethereum and its ecosystem
- Ability to express thoughts precisely
Nice to have:
- Knowledge about distributed systems and consensus algorithms
We are always on the lookout for talent!
If what we do excites you, but none of the current open positions match your background, we encourage you to send us your CV at[email protected]
Join our growing and active community of 2000+ developers on our Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/PaCMRFdvWT