Date PostedAugust 23, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 17, 2023
We are looking for a cryptography researcherto join our team. A lot of research work is needed to massively improve the efficiency of the zkEVM which forms the core of our fully EVM-compatible zkRollup. This will involve solving many open problems using advanced cryptography research.
Your day-to-day work will involve doing research about zkEVM, zkVMs, and other ZKP-based protocols. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of cryptography as well as basic coding ability. The ideal candidate will also be a strong communicator, with an ability to translate research ideas into terms which engineers can understand.
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
- Survey existing zkEVM, zkVM, and various ZKP protocols through code and papers.
- Propose new design and optimizations for zkEVM.
- Improve our current protocol using advanced crypto constructions such as new ZKP schemes.
- Keep the engineering team up to date with the latest in ZKP research and make sure they are aligned with research-driven designs.
- Establish collaborations with universities and external researchers to solve open problems.
- Fluency in Rust, C++, or similar languages. We work primarily in Rust, but prior experience is not mandatory.
- Strong background in math, cryptography, or computer science. Most of the crypto team holds a PhD in cryptography, math or physics, but a formal academic degree is not a strict requirement.
- Ability to read and write academic papers.
- Ability to present and explain cutting-edge crypto research to engineers
- Ability to pick up new things beyond cryptography (i.e. details of EVM).
- Experience in blockchain infrastructure development or cryptography preferred
- Work from anywhere with flexible hours
- Generous paid time off
- Home office set up
- Annual growth budget
- Coworking membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
- Competitive salary package