Date PostedOctober 16, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 6, 2023
Job Title: Content Strategist (Part-Time)
Reports To: Director of SEO
We are looking for a highly organized and proactive client-facing Content Strategist (Part-Time) to apply excellent SEO, project management, problem-solving and quality control skills, and become a critical member of the Codeless SEO team.
As a Content Strategist (Part-Time) at Codeless, you play a key role in developing and executing strategies that drive success for our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for onboarding new clients, guiding them through our processes, devising a content-based SEO strategy, and providing additional value beyond the standard scope of work. Your focus will be on creating strategies that are tailored to each client’s unique needs, and helping them achieve their desired outcomes.
In your role as Content Strategist (Part-Time), you will be supported by the Director of SEO, Content Production Specialists and in-house personnel as required to complete the work.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Creating, maintaining and following up with clients on content plans including automations (changes, monthly updates, approvals, etc)
- Creating & maintaining client-specific supporting documentation (including video explainers)
- Creating client-specific content briefs/outline templates
- Creating client-specific style guides
- Advising writers or editors on angling or questions about optimization, intent, scope, etc
- Keyword research and topic identification
- Angling, word count and optimization scoping
- Presentation to clients and facilitating approval of content plans
- Attending client calls
Codeless is a content production company that combines strategy, SEO, writing, design, and video. We produce hundreds of long-form articles and product tutorial videos each month for some of the biggest SaaS, service, and affiliate brands in the most competitive spaces on the Internet.
We work with both domestic and international clients, including North America, Central America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Business Insider, Small Business Trends, Problogger, Social Media Today, Brazen Careerist and more.
What Our Team Values:
We are a fully remote company, so we expect you to manage your time and responsibilities with no in-person oversight.
On the flip side, that means we don’t micromanage you, track your time, and make you punch in and out. We aren’t interested in babysitting you. We’re interested in fostering your success and the success of the team.
We believe in giving people tasks and getting out of their way.
- Teamwork: we’re fully remote and thrive on being a cohesive team that communicates and helps each other succeed.
- Transparency: tell things how they are. We want unimpeachable character.
- Commitment: to your team, your clients, the company, and most importantly: yourself and continual growth.
- Bias towards action: startups thrive on action. Theory can only get you so far. If you prefer taking action and getting it done, you’ll fit in well here.
- Desire to win: we aren’t here to just exist as a random SEO agency. We are here to become the best in this space. New challenges and fast growth should be music to your ears.
Want to be a part of our accelerated growth, working with billion-dollar brands to scale their organic rankings? We want you on the team 🙂.
- Part-time 20 hours a week Mon-Fri (Availability: New York 09.00-13.00 or Amsterdam 14.00-18.00 or London 13.00-17.00)
- Possibility of going full-time in the future
- Fully remote
- Training available
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 3 years experience
- Willingness to continuously learn, be a valuable team contributor, and adapt to the unique challenges of remote work
- A deep understanding of Content Marketing best practices, including keyword research, on-page optimization, etc
- Ability to create and execute effective content strategies that align with business objectives and drive results.
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously, meet deadlines, and keep stakeholders informed.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends, and use insights to make data-driven decisions that improve campaign performance.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to convey complex SEO concepts to non-technical stakeholders, and collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Ability to generate innovative content ideas that resonate with target audiences and drive engagement.
- Ability to ensure that all content meets high-quality standards, and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience with SEO tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools is a plus.
- Technical SEO experience is a plus.