Date PostedJune 2, 2023
Expiration dateJune 23, 2023
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
Remote – to create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within -5/+5 UTC.
We’re looking for a uniquely talented Community Lead with experience building thriving hybrid/remote communities of practice to join us at Oyster for a 1-year maternity cover.
Working with our Workplace, Customer Success, Sales and Marketing teams, this role will drive forward the growth journey of our People Builders community. With the means to pursue our mission of supporting People leaders of hybrid and remote workplaces, this role is a unique opportunity to join and shape our growing community, to become a thought leader and co-build the future of work, and to make a positive difference to globally distributed workplaces and their employees around the world.
What you’ll do…
- Define strategic goals, roadmaps and key initiatives to ensure the sustainable growth of our community
- Oversee day-to-day community activities eg. virtual and IRL events, newsletter and content production, social media and promotional calendar
- Report on key success metrics, and draw data-driven insights necessary to improve or pivot the community strategic directionWork across teams and departments to identify opportunities to create value for the community as well as for Oyster
- Evolve the community value proposition as necessary, in alignment with Oyster company mission and objectives, keeping community members’ needs and feedback top of mind
- Develop the systems and processes to support community scaling
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop one community team member
📜 What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in a people-centric role with 2+ years of specifically online/hybrid community building
- 2+ year experience as a People manager (this role will require you to manage one team member).
Skill sets that are not necessarily required (but are a bonus):
- Experience in a People profession e.g. People Operations, Learning & Development, Talent, etc.
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email [email protected] with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.