Date PostedAugust 3, 2023
Offered Salary$200000 - $260000 / year
Expiration dateAugust 31, 2023
At AssemblyAI, we’re creating a leading Applied AI company by building powerful models to transcribe and understand audio data, exposed through a straightforward web API.
Progress in AI is moving at an unprecedented pace–we keep our pulse on the latest developments and breakthroughs in AI research and use these advances to inform our production-ready AI models. Our Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft – which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our API to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and Zoom meetings every day.
We’ve raised funding by leading investors including Accel, Insight Partners, Y Combinator’s AI Fund, Patrick and John Collision, Nat Friedman, and Daniel Gross. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in applied AI.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic AI company!
About the Role
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a strong account executive who will play a key role in expanding our business globally. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team!
What You’ll Do
Hunt and close new business and work with existing customers to expand use cases and cross-sell into new use cases.
- Leverage a team selling approach to orchestrate outbound prospecting efforts and create opportunities with prospective and existing customer accounts.
- Drive account planning activities for assigned accounts, leveraging an internal team of pre-sales and post-sales experts to drive alignment around key customer outcomes.
- Develop relationships with technical leaders of current and prospective customers. Guide key stakeholders (CTOs, Product Managers, Founders) from leading tech companies through the process of choosing and integrating our API, and working to constantly improve the overall experience.
- Demonstrate an ability to multi-thread and access key decision makers and C-level executives.
- Become a product expert for our APIs. Employ a relationship driven and highly consultative sales approach and understand our competitive landscape.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of commercial software sales experience in a closing role.
- Strong technical sales experience and high degree of confidence working with key stakeholders in engineering, product, and AI (e.g. CTO, CPO, etc.).
- Experience navigating complex sales cycles, negotiating, and closing deals with annual recurring revenue commitments.
- Comfortable building on current sales playbook—offering an industry leading, developer-first approach.
- High degree of forecast accuracy and operational rigor.
- Strong understanding of database selling and creating compelling events.
- Experience selling the value of complex technical solutions to new customers and upselling existing book of business.
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past closing positions.
- Thrives in a high energy, fast-growth startup environment with many priorities and have the ability to effectively manage your own time.
- You are a self-starter, well organized, creative, results-oriented, quality minded and a team-first player.
- Strong empathy for developers and patience to help them solve their problems.
- Great relationship builder and networker.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to build compelling sales presentations.
- Strong communication, research, and account planning skills.
- Expert in building professional and compelling sales presentations to help convey value and drive deal progress forward.
AssemblyAI strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size, stage and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $200,000-$260,000 OTE
- Uncapped commission and up to 1.6x accelerators on OTE
- Quarterly spiff incentives (cash, gift cards, trips, etc) for hitting quarterly goals like “best new customer logo” or “most logos closed”
Working at AssemblyAI
We are a small but mighty group of problem solvers, innovators, and experienced AI researchers with over 20 years of expertise in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, and NLP. As a fully remote team, we’re looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated. We put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team and want to find people who will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Keep Exploring AssemblyAI: