Date PostedJuly 5, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company, with a growing club of 25,000+ customers including startups, universities and Fortune 500 firms. We’re motivated by excellent quality, and proud to have received a 97% satisfaction rating from our customers.
That’s because, to us, each day is a chance to grow. As a team, we continuously inspire each other to learn new and better ways to make an impact. We own our jobs proudly – our leaders don’t hold our hands, but they’re in our corner whenever we ask for help – and our environment is flexible and 100% remote.
Kinsta is currently looking for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) who will be responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing initiatives to drive business growth. As a key member of the executive team, the CMO works closely with the CEO and other stakeholders to shape the company’s marketing vision and drive its successful implementation. For this position, you will report directly to the CEO.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement Kinsta’s marketing strategy. Ensure all Marketing activities and assets are aligned with Kinsta’s marketing strategy and contribute to revenue growth.
- Establish revenue growth as Marketing’s ultimate priority and eschew vanity metrics (i.e., subscribers, followers, likes, etc.). Implement tactics to attract organic signups and to capture and nurture leads to support a robust lead pipeline with a handoff to Sales.
- Position Kinsta for continued growth by monitoring the evolution of marketing, particularly in the face of disruptive modern technologies such as AI.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the Marketing team where new ideas are implemented and iterated upon rapidly based on measurable performance while letting revenue contribution serve as the ultimate measure of success.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports on Marketing performance for consumption by varied audiences (the entire company, the Executive team, the Board of Directors, etc.).
- Set goals and establish priorities across the Marketing team. Monitor progress and maintain high standards of performance.
- In consultation with the Executive team, define the structure of Kinsta’s Marketing team, defining roles and assigning responsibilities as necessary. Structure the team to maximize efficiency and minimize bottlenecks.
- Maintain an attitude of curiosity and continuous innovation.
What You Bring To The Table:
- Minimum 5 years of Marketing experience for a SaaS or hosting company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a team.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with responsibility for the full scope of Marketing activities for a SaaS, PaaS, or hosting company.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working for an aspirational brand (a brand that has “fans” and inspires devotion).
- You are someone who is fanatical about, obsessed with, conversion optimization.
- You move fast: a strong bias towards trying lots of new ideas quickly, measuring results, iterating quickly, abandoning what doesn’t work, improving what does, and monitoring performance continuously.
- You are excited and curious about the future: thoughtful about how to market in an AI-driven environment, you are eager to try (or actively use) the latest tools and technologies.
- You tie all activity back to business results, understand the only ultimate goal of Marketing is to generate revenue, and actively avoid flashy or trendy tactics that don’t contribute to bottom-line revenue.
- You are someone who respects and relies on the expertise of others and delegates freely, not a micromanager.
- You have high expectations of yourself and those around you. You hold others to a high standard.
- Flexible and remote-firstenvironment.
- Annual remote expense budget.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Annual professional development budget: available after one year with Kinsta.
- Sabbatical: available after three years with Kinsta (and every three years thereafter).
- Location-specific healthcare benefits (includes vision and dental) for employees hired in the USA, UK and Hungary.
- Pension plan for employees hired in the UK, and 401k contributions for employees hired in the USA.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.