Date PostedFebruary 10, 2024
Expiration dateFebruary 29, 2024
Catalyst 2030 is seeking an intern in the local chapters with a focus on Africa, Asia & Oceania, Europe, MENA and Latam
Launched at the World Economic Forum in January 2020, Catalyst 2030 is a global community of social entrepreneurs, funders and other social change innovators who believe collaborative action and bold, new strategies are needed to address the crises of our time.
Joining forces with communities, governments, businesses, funders and others, Catalyst 2030 members are working toward changing systems at all levels. Cumulatively, members have already impacted the lives of millions, often with limited resources. Together, we envision the advancement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for all.
About the Chapters Team
Catalyst 2030 offers the Intern the opportunity to work with colleagues from various countries, and to challenge themselves within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation. The ideal candidate has a background in international relations / affairs, international law, international development, social sciences or similar.
The chapters team of Catalyst 2030 works with the different members of the network in supporting them with their initiatives in the different countries and regions all around the world. We are currently looking for an intern that can support the local activities in one of our regions: Africa, Asia and Oceania, Europe, Middle East and North Africa and Latin America. The intern will be working closely with the regional coordinator in a particular continent and provide support to the coordination activities in the network at the local level.
- Support the regional coordinator in a particular region (Latam, Europe, MENA, Africa or Asia Pacific) in the implementation of the activities of local chapters of Catalyst 2030.
- Support the regional coordinator with the research and mapping of the ecosystem of Social entrepreneurs in the different countries in the region.
- Support in the design and implementation of strategies to engage members in the region.
- Support the implementation of communication strategies and social media campaigns for the region.
- Drive data analysis of the membership and engagement
- Support with the multilingual aspect of C2030, helping with translation when needed.
- Support the review of applications for membership in the region.
- Support to specific secretariat tasks and membership department requests.
- Research of potential funding opportunities for the local activities.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as needed
Requirements and Skills
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently, as well as within a team, in a fast-paced environment and across time zones
- An active interest in global issues and challenges, their complexity and nuances
- Preference for graduate degree completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn from experience
- Desire to work collaboratively in a team, with a hands-on, positive attitude and ability to rise to challenges
- Fluency in English, and preferably another UN language
- Ability to work in a multicultural and global digital environment, with cultural sensitivity
- Flexibility and the ability to easily adapt to new tasks and assignments that might be given at short notice
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment, on-the-job training opportunities and experience within an international NGO
- The ability to coordinate personal projects to improve the work of the organisation
- Six month internship contract, preference for full time, but some part-time opportunities available for the right candidate
- Good working atmosphere with a small and dedicated team
- An opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious social entrepreneurs and innovators
Internship Start Date
February 29 2024
After COVID, we adopted a distributed organisational model with the ability to hire a diverse team.
This position is remote and can be carried out from most regions that have some overlap with CEST working hours (minimum of 4 hours per day with CEST).
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to the Chapters Team at [email protected]