Date PostedSeptember 1, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 30, 2023
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 260 people in over 35 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am – 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a C++ Developer to join the DECA team and help with coding the base application, ensuring the quality of the application, fixing application bugs, maintaining the code, and implementing application updates.
- Designing and extending mobile game applications for Apple and Android platforms.
- Collaborating with the design and product team to define app features.
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Conducting analysis, programming, testing, and debugging.
- Maintaining the code of the game and suggesting improvements.
- Prepare and sustain all the documentation needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of professional working experience as a C++ developer.
- Proven experience in working with iOS app.
- Proficient in Objective-C, C++, and Java.
- Experience with iOS Frameworks.
- Experience in integrating 3rd party SDKs, like Facebook, Firebase, AdSDKs.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including, Git.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders to gather and understand requirements.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience working with automation servers, like Jenkins.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on the Android platform is a big plus.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP is a big plus.
- Experience working for a gaming company.
- Shipped at least one app/game to the App Stores.
- Experience working with Python.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 35 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.