Date PostedJuly 27, 2023
Expiration dateAugust 31, 2023
This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.
Are you a technology enthusiast with a background in writing?
This commerce-focused contributor will write buyer’s guides that roundup the best options in specific product categories. This will require one to research basic product information on a variety of tech gadgets and compare them to other products in the same category to help consumers determine which options are best for them. This will also require one to collaborate with other editors regarding their product recommendations.
Necessary expertise is required in at least one of the following areas
- Smartphones and related accessories
- Wearables (watches and fitness)
- Laptops and related peripherals
- Earbuds and headphones
- Mobile gaming gear
- Smart home devices
- Network-attached storage drives
- Speakers and soundbars
- Reliably produce content and meet assigned deadlines
- Coordinate with the editorial team for assignments and feedback
- Input work into our CMS using specific article templates
- Find and format images
- Follow strict formatting guidelines
- Cover Letter (tell us why you want to write for us!)
- 2-3 tech articles you’ve written that demonstrate your writing abilities (Commerce articles preferred)
Applicants must have a self-starter attitude and possess the following requirements
- Relevant experience in writing and editing in the English language
- Adequate knowledge of technology products
- Comfortable using a non-basic CMS
- Attention to detail in regards to accuracy of information and formatting
- Basic understanding of modern online e-commerce content is a plus
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Proficient in researching products online, using manufacturer websites and newsrooms, as well as product reviews on third-party retailers, such as Amazon.com or Newegg.com
- Understanding of proper attribution of information cited in stories is also a must
The hiring team at Android Police will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.