Date PostedNovember 21, 2023
Offered Salary$50000 - $85000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 11, 2023
MailerLite is one of the fastest-growing marketing and email automation platforms. We help almost 2 million creators and businesses around the world communicate and inspire their audiences and customers. Today, we are a team of more than 150 dreamers, adventurers, and world travelers passionate about what we do and believe in. And we are ready for another talented person to join the party.
We’re on the lookout for a Brand Designer – a self-motivated individual who thrives on creativity and collaboration. In this role, you’ll work closely with our Design, Marketing, and Product teams to create visually captivating experiences that build our brand.
As our Brand Designer, you’ll play a crucial role in shaping the visual identity and perception of MailerLite’s brand. You’ll be developing and documenting brand guidelines that outline how the brand’s visual elements should be used consistently across various media and materials. You’ll lead our visual brand story across all channels from social media and blog posts to videos and advertising banners, your designs will leave a lasting impression on our audience. 🚀
Wondering why we think you’ll love working for MailerLite? Here are our favorite 6 reasons!
We expect you to own MailerLite’s visual brand identity, ensuring we are consistent and building positive brand perception.
As part of a team that’s always looking for new, innovative ways to offer value for customers, you’ll constantly be experimenting, learning, and trying out new things.
We expect you to take full responsibility and ownership of your tasks. Team leads avoid micromanaging and minimize interruptions so you can stay focused on your assignments.
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates with a wide range of different expertise are ready to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
We embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
We value a stable workplace! MailerLite has been thriving for over 10 years and our year-over-year growth continues to increase.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and adapting the brand’s visual identity and assets for different mediums, channels, target audiences, and cultural contexts
- Developing and documenting brand guidelines that outline how the brand’s visual elements should be used consistently across various media and materials
- Working closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, copywriting, paid advertising, social media, video, and product development, to ensure the brand’s visual identity is integrated into all aspects of the business
- Creating visuals and graphics for advertising campaigns, social media posts, email marketing, and other promotional materials to maintain brand consistency
- Working with video editors to design motion graphics for video content
- Conceptualizing and producing visually appealing designs for a wide range of marketing channels and occasional brand projects
- Researching and understanding the target audience and industry trends to inform design decisions and ensure the brand’s visual identity remains relevant and effective
- Taking ownership of projects from concept to final execution, delivering high-quality work on time
- Designing and overseeing the production of brand collateral, such as t-shirts, stickers, presentations, and other promotional items
- Staying up to date with design trends and technologies to keep the brand’s visual identity fresh and engaging
What we expect from you
- 3+ years of proven experience in one of the following roles: Brand Designer, Marketing Designer, Visual Designer
- Strong portfolio showcasing expertise in designing for various marketing channels, including social media, display ads, newsletters, and brand projects
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of brand strategy, design principles, typography, color theory, composition, and layout
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), Figma, or Sketch
- Ability to conceptualize creative ideas and translate them into visually-appealing designs that align with marketing objectives and brand guidelines
- Ability to understand and interpret brand guidelines, ensuring designs align with the brand values, personality, and target audience
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) principles and ability to create designs that enhance the user journey and conversion rates
- Experience in working with motion graphics and video editors
- Experience with HTML, CSS
- Knowledge of current design trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in the visual design field
- Willingness to explore new techniques and tools that can enhance the quality and efficiency of design work
- Geographic requirements: based in the eastern regions of the Americas (EDT and CDT time zones), Europe or Africa, and western Asia
Bonus skills we’d love to see:
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Proactivity and self-motivated attitude
- A sense of personal responsibility
- Outstanding attention to detail (when you apply, include the phrase “Keep it Lite” somewhere in your application form)
What we offer
- Yearly gross salary range: $50,000-$85,000
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- International health insurance provided with coverage in most countries. Monthly health care payout available in select countries where coverage is limited
- Company-paid retreats. Once per year we gather for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- 31 days of vacation per year. We encourage you to unplug and recharge!
- 12 paid sick days for your physical and mental well-being, no doctor’s note required. Parents can use them to care for their sick children
- 4 creative days. One paid day off per quarter to do something creative and fun
- 12 parental days per year. Enjoy one paid day off each month to treasure time with your children
- Parental leave. Enjoy paid bonding time at 100% of your salary when welcoming a new child into your family through birth or adoption – 3 months of maternity leave and 1 month of paternity leave
- Parenting budget of $1000. Celebrate the arrival of your little one, whether through childbirth or adoption, with a special gift from us
- Joy Budget. Annual budget to spend on whatever that brings you joy
- MacBook and other tools that’ll help you to do your job efficiently
- Check the full list of our awesome benefits here