Date PostedFebruary 8, 2024
Offered Salary$45000 - $55000 / year
Expiration dateFebruary 28, 2024
We seek a highly organized, results-oriented, and empathetic Customer Success Specialist.
On a typical day, you’ll be asked to provide top-notch assistance to our Advisor Team while supporting our customers through the life insurance application process – from submission through underwriting to approval. You’ll spend your days advocating for customers and communicating with our partners.
We want to hear from you if you have superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills, and a passion for helping clients! You will be working in a fast-paced environment and responsible for a high volume of policy-servicing requests in a day. To succeed in this role, you should be highly organized.
Reports To: Customer Success Manager
Salary range: $45,000-$55,000
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage our caseload of in-process life insurance applications through the underwriting process
- Master all our workflows, application and underwriting processes, and the software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Coordinate with clients and vendors to schedule and track medical exams
- Order and obtain underwriting requirements from the client (Attending Physician Statements or Motor Vehicle Reports)
- Track missed payments and work with clients to update their billing information when needed
- Report back underwriting codes to the Medical Information Bureau through their data input process
- Administrate policy change requests like address updates and beneficiary updates
- Complete all record-keeping processes for in-force policies and terminations
- Maintain accurate policy records and transactions with client interactions
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience and tp help improve our processes
What we are looking for:
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience in service or sales, preferably with a Bachelor’s degree (This role is open to new & recent grads!)
- Intermediate Google Suite skills (Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Extraordinary communication skills in French and English((both verbal and written)
- Empathy with people’s pain points and difficulties
- A desire to learn and take on new challenges, all while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Honesty and integrity – no cutting corners or compromising the integrity of our customers
- An openness to take on additional tasks that may not fall under your job scope to help the team and support your own growth
Why join us:
- Generous PTO – 20 vacation days
- Access to stock options and a comprehensive benefits plan
- A remote-first team with company paid, in-person socials and the option to work from our Toronto-based office
- Resources to help your professional development, including an L&D budget, performance reviews twice a year and ongoing feedback to ensure you reach your highest potential
- Work with an empathetic, high-performing team in a flexible, results-oriented environment
PolicyMe is a Venture-Backed InsurTech startup on a mission to put families first, protecting them with the honest and uncomplicated life insurance they deserve. Through technology, PolicyMe is streamlining the traditional insurance process, removing barriers and inefficiencies to deliver a fully-underwritten life insurance policy that families deserve but with fewer steps and lower costs. PolicyMe makes it easy to get a quote and apply for term life insurance online in 20 minutes or less. Since our launch in 2018, we have grown exponentially, selling over $1 billion in life insurance coverage to Canadians.
PolicyMe was also most recently voted as one of Canada’s 50 Most Impactful Companies of 2021, and has been mentioned in BetaKit, National Post, the Global & Mail, Global News and more. If you’re interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
PolicyMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.