Date PostedAugust 9, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 6, 2023
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
The Associate Program Manager, Customer Success Enablement is responsible for assisting with the development and execution of enablement programs to ensure the GitLab Customer Success teams are equipped with the content, resources, tools, and training to differentiate and sell the GitLab solution effectively.
Do you have a background in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, or Program Management and want to pivot into Enablement? If so, this could be the perfect role for you! This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow your Enablement career by helping to build programs that have a measurable impact on the Customer Success teams. You will work closely with the Senior Program Manager, CS Enablement to execute programs as directed by the Director, Global Sales, and CS Enablement.
What you’ll do
- Execute tasks and responsibilities with clear direction and oversight from the Senior Program Manager, CS Enablement, and Director, Global Sales, and Customer Success Enablement.
- Build and implement the content, curricula, processes, and tools needed to support our enablement deliverables as directed by the Director, Global Sales, and Customer Success Enablement and defined by the Senior Program Manager, CS Enablement.
- Provide insights and recommendations for process improvement to other Field Enablement Program Managers.
- Deliver ongoing support and training to ensure the successful adoption of enablement programs
- Manage curricula and reporting for online, self-paced onboarding, and result-driven continuous learning.
- Determine opportunities for improving the learning experience and identify innovative techniques for delivery.
- Build, maintain, report on, and audit existing content for necessary updates.
What you’ll bring
- Ability to continuously meet due dates and execute projects with positive impact on stakeholders
- Familiarity with content creation and adult learning methodologies
- Ability to learn and build enablement content and curricula from instructional design documentation
- Creative problem-solving skills as we are always looking for new ways to improve existing ways of working
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think critically, and attention to detail
- A results-oriented, enthusiastic approach, able to work in a team
- Tech-savvy individual, able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and use GitLab
- Alignment with GitLab Values
- Familiarity with Google Suite is a bonus
- No Ego – Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive, and humble style
- One Team – Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success
- Lean & Nimble – Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous
About the team
The GitLab Field Enablement Team’s vision is to motivate and inspire the field organization and partners to achieve high levels of success through the acquisition and application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors that improve productivity and accelerate growth. We do this by designing and delivering effective enablement solutions that grow field team members’ and partners’ expertise and confidence to drive efficient, predictable, and scalable growth for GitLab. We are a flexible and iterative team, offering the resources and support to help move your forward in your career. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity we’d love to hear from you!
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.