Date PostedOctober 8, 2023
Offered Salary$94000 - $127000 / year
Expiration dateOctober 26, 2023
Array is a financial innovation platform that helps digital brands, financial institutions, and fintechs get compelling consumer products to market faster. We deliver a suite of credit and identity monitoring tools, privacy protection, and a financial ads marketplace via embeddable widgets or a clean, modern API. Our private label offerings help drive revenue and increase engagement for our customers while empowering millions of consumers to achieve their financial goals.
As a remote-first company, we’re focused on providing opportunities for high performing individuals to have deep impact in the fast growing fintech space. A clear mission, a commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to experiment empower us individually and together deliver the best products for our clients and users.
As an Associate Commercial Counsel, your role is crucial in safeguarding our legal interests in the commercial arena. You will craft, negotiate, and manage diverse commercial agreements, ensuring adherence to our business standards and legal requirements. Collaborating with different departments, you’ll guarantee contracts’ utmost legal accuracy. Reporting directly to the Sr. Commercial Counsel, you’ll play a key role in our legal strategies and overall success.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including contracts with clients (banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions) and vendors (technology, data providers, services, etc.).
- Provide legal support for the company’s use of Ironclad for contract management, ensuring compliance and efficiency in workflow processes.
- Ensure Array’s contractual obligations align with data provider requirements, and comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Collaborate with internal teams to assess legal risks and provide strategic advice for various business initiatives, including product launches, international hiring and partnerships.
- Stay updated with financial regulations, industry standards, and emerging legal trends that affect the fintech sector.
- Assist in the development and delivery of legal training programs to educate internal stakeholders on legal best practices and compliance requirements.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standard contract templates, legal policies, procurement processes, and the Array CLM platform to streamline legal operations.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree required, bar admission and in good standing in at least one state.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial law, preferably in the fintech, technology, or financial services industry; working knowledge of financial regulations, including banking and consumer protection laws.
- Experience with contract management systems, preferably Ironclad, and other legal technology tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex legal concepts clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
- In-house experience at an early stage or high growth start-up.
Nice to Have:
- CIPP-US or other relevant privacy certification.
- Well-versed in key Financial industry regulations (e.g. FCRA, GLB, BSA, etc.).
Salary Range: $94,000 – $127,000
Array Offers All Full Time Employees the following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees and 70% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave + 14 company holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- Partnership with Spring Health to support mental health
- 100% 401k match up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- $2,000 medical travel coverage
- $1,000 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique remote office
- $100/month to subsidize wifi/cell phone expenses
- Summer Fridays (half-day Fridays) from May to September
- Arrayaversary Kits for work anniversaries
Not sure if you meet the Qualifications? We know that folks tend to only apply if they check every box. If you think you have the appropriate qualifications, but don’t meet every single one, we encourage you to still apply. We’d love to hear from you.
One of our core values at Array is to care and support one another, and that’s why we strive to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best selves to work. Diversity, equity, and inclusion foster collaboration, comfort, and confidence. We’re at our collective best when we each feel our best.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.