Date PostedSeptember 21, 2023
Offered Salary$68000 / year
Expiration dateOctober 12, 2023
Civis Analytics is seeking an Accountant to drive our day-to-day accounting, financial, and reporting processes in compliance with US GAAP. We are a lean and tight-knit team, which allows for a lot of project ownership, collaboration, and the ability to directly impact the business. We’re looking for analytical thinkers with creative ideas who can go beyond the numbers and think critically about the business. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who will thrive in our fast-paced culture where no job is too small and everyone is willing to pitch in to get the job done. This role will report to the Controller.
- Ownership of the monthly and annual financial close processes, including cash booking, preparing journal entries for payroll and benefits, fixed assets and prepaids, and other accounts
- Assist in monthly and ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Maintain monthly and annual reconciliations and dashboards for key accounts
- Oversee the A/P process and maintain vendor records
- Process and approve employee purchase requests and travel and expense reimbursements
- Assist with the annual financial audit
- CPA is preferred or CPA eligible
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP, experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Previous experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems
- Advanced skills with Google Sheets or Excel
- Ability to manage financial data in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review.
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- Salary: $68,000 (a cost of living adjustment may be added for qualifying locations)
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other’s differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected].
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.